Looking Back at Past Art & Wine Walks
Saturday, September 9th, 2017 was a great success!
Over 500 people, 27 artists, wandering musicians, 6 wineries, 20 businesses and some canine friends came out to celebrate and support the creativity of artists and delicious wines of our valley. The feedback has been great so far! Keep it coming. We even had people driving through town saying “Wow what’s going on here? Let’s stop and check it out!” And they loved it! One visitor here with her husband and young daughter from Seattle said “We came all the way to Duvall for some culture!” One artist said “good efforts to ensure a wonderful Art and Wine Walk, Saturday on the streets in Duvall, it looked like Pioneer Square, on a Saturday.”
Cheers to all the sponsors, volunteers and our awesome community for supporting the creativity and flavor of Duvall. We all can’t wait to do this again next year!
Critic’s Choice $250 Winner: Brandy Agun
En Plein Air $250 Winner: Rich Morgan
People’s Choice $250 Winner: Dan Cautrell
People’s Choice runners up:
A gallery of images from the big day taken by local photographer Lynn Lehto. Enjoy!
PAST ART WALKS
Businesses in downtown Duvall welcome artists to display their work for one day. Artists are on site to meet the public. Art can be viewed at no charge and may be purchased from the artists. This juried event aims to showcase professional artists of the Snoqualmie Valley along with regional artists of note. Several venues will have wine tasting, music and other exhibits.
Participating businesses will have a banner hanging in front of their door. Maps will be available at all venues, the Duvall Visitors Center and on this website prior to the event.
Art walk is for all ages, wine tasting 21 and over.
Call for Artists
Art will be voted on by critics and the public the evening of the event.
Cash Prizes: Critic’s Choice $250, People’s Choice $250, En Plein Air $250 *scroll down for En Plein Air Paint Out information
Artists please contact if interested in applying, or if you need more info or help with the form etc.
Email: Badieh Bryant of Front Space Studio<email@example.com>
2016 Critic’s Choice Winner & People’s Choice Winner: Jill Cammarano
Duvall Visitors Center Activities
Purchase your tasting tickets here!
Start the evening at the Visitors Center!
Support the arts and enter for a chance to win wine tastings & coupons from local businesses.
• Tasting Ticket sales (10 tickets for $20, 5 for $10)
• Purchase a Commemorative Wine Glass ($15 with two tasting tickets)
Where can you find art & wine?
1) Amonos Mexican Restaurant featuring artist Sara Tharrington
2) Coldwell Banker Bain featuring artist Betsy MacWhinney
3) Windermere Real Estate Duvall featuring artist Debbie Neal and King Lake Cellars
4) Tuxedo’s Antique Mall featuring artist Angie Masterson
5) The Irwin Group featuring artist Jen Brooks and Nicole Ji – Private Label from Northwest Wines
6) Duvall Visitors Center featuring artists Dan Cautrell and < href=”https://www.facebook.com/etta.lorenz”>Marietta Modl
7) Studio Beju featuring artists Collette Dutton and Nidhi Mahant with William Grassie Wine Estates
8) Studio Beju Garden (behind Studio Beju) check in for En Plein Air Artists & outdoor En Plein Art Show also featuring artists Barbar Shuman-Plein and Janice Seino
9) Front Space Gallery featuring artists Linn Forsell and Clare Chapple
10) Duvall Flower & Gifts featuring Gregarious Cellars
11) Northwest Art Center featuring artists Brandy Agun, Howard Frank, Terri Muharsky, and Anna Hooser with Cherry Valley Winery
12) Match Coffee & Wine featuring artist CJ Elsip
13) Village Specialty Market featuring artist Rebecca Lothyan
14) Rustic Rose featuring artist Gerri Tyler and OneHope Wines tasting
15) Rustic Cabin serving coffee and featuring artist Irina Johnson
16) Flavour Bistro featuring artist Dede Falcone, music and special menu items
17) Country Collections featuring artist in progress
18) CC’s Espresso selling donuts street side & featuring artist Anwyn Forge Cliff Blackmore
What wineries will be where?
• Gregarious Cellars at Duvall Flower and Gifts
• Cherry Valley Winery at Northwest Art Center
• King Lake Cellars at Windermere Real Estate Duvall Living Room
• William Grassie Wine Estates at Studio Beju
• Nicole Ji – Private Label from Northwest Wines at The Irwin Group
• OneHope Wines at Rustic Rose
Wineries will be offering tastings.
Other wines and beverages are available for purchase and tasting at participating bars and restaurants. Tasting tickets are only valid at the 6 venues hosting wineries.
Wineries hosted by Northwest Art Center.
Thanks Premier Sponsors
Art & Wine Select Supporters
Front Space Studio
Additional event supporters
• Kissing Bug Press – graphic design
• Duvall Chamber of Commerce – business support
• Cascade Valley Designs – website consultant
• City of Duvall – special event permit and event logistics support
• Duvall Foundation for the Arts – food for artists and day of support
Questions? Contact anyone on the 2017 Art & Wine Walk Committee
Email: Nadja Wilson of Northwest Art Center<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Email: Badieh Bryant of Front Space Studio<email@example.com>
Email: Geraldine Banes of Studio Beju<firstname.lastname@example.org>
2017 Plein Air Paint Out
at The Duvall Art & Wine Walk
Sept 9th 10am-3pm
All Skill Levels Welcome to paint along the picturesque Snoqualmie River Trail and in McCormick Park.
Contact: Badieh Bryant
Registration: On site at 9-10am at Studio Beju in the back outdoor garden.
15630 Main St NE, Duvall.
There is no fee for registration.
Check in/out: Participants arrive to complete registration and have their materials stamped by 10am and return to the registration tent to display their work by 3pm. Artists are encouraged to leave their work for judging and awards during the Duvall Art and Wine Walk 4-8pm.
Plein Air Show: Participants are invited to show and sell previously created work in the Studio Beju Garden Gallery Tent during the Duvall Art and Wine Walk 4-8pm
Please contact Badieh Bryant if you are interested in showing at DAW.
2016 Best in Plein Air Steve Whitney
Best in Plein Air Award: $250 and promotion in future Duvall Art and Wine Walk publications.
Submit stamped artwork for judging by 3pm at check out.
Judging occurs during the Art and Wine Walk awards presented at 6pm.
The 2016 Duvall Art & Wine Walk was on Saturday, September 10th, 4–8 PM
New this year- Plein Air Paint Out during the day of the Art & Wine Walk!
Click on picture to enlarge
Plein Air artists may be found painting at these and other locations throughout the day. They will bring their works of art back to the Visitor Center to display at the Art Walk!
Click on map to enlarge.
Artists: Amanda Kindregen, Badieh Bryant, Dan Cautrell, Colette Dutton, Dari Solstoff, Debby Neal, Elena Balekha, Georgene Arnot, Geraldine Banes, Jill Cammarano, Julie Anne Smith, Julie Frazier, Kamala Caton, Kevin Creekmore, Laura Henion, Marshall Wagner, Randy Green, Tori LaZelle. and Plein Air painters.
Wineries:Armstrong Winery, Castillo De Feliciana, Piccola Cellars, Wilridge Winery, Sly River Mead
Visit downtown businesses and view art!
- Talk to the artists!
- Taste wine from many different wineries
- Wine tasting tickets are $20 for 10 tickets
- Buy art from the artists
- Wine sold by the bottle to benefit the arts in Duvall
- Enjoy music, exhibits and demonstrations
The 2015 Duvall Art & Wine Walk Artists: Joe Lee Davidson, Debbie Zuber, Julie Frazier, Geraldine Banes, Sisters Grimm, Badieh Bryant, Tori LaZelle, Janice Seino, Randy Green, Debbie Neal, Jill Cammarano, Laura Romanelli, Dari Stolzoff, Dan Cautrell, The Art of Pickle Time; Musicians: Dan Carollo & Susan Burke, Lisa Marcus, Jeff Zuber, Milky Burgess, Alexei Desmarais; Wineries: Pleasant Hill Cellars, Cherry Valley Winery, Castillo de Feliciano, Piccolo Cellars, Northwest Cellars
Thanks to our sponsors!
The 2014 Duvall Art & Wine Walk Artists: Nidhi Mahant, Debbie Zuber, Dan Cautrell, Lisa Sheets, Kevin Creekmore, Mallory Milke, Mandy Cufley, Susan Melrath, Lynn Lehto, Ken Sharp, Joe Lee Davidson, Vicki Perry, Nick Curry, Musicians: Saint John, Holy Jim Acoustic, Duvall Ukulele Club, Celtograss, Kelly Shirey, Kitt Bender, Wineries: Match Coffee and Wine, Pleasant Hill Cellars, Lauren Ashton Cellars, Convergence Zone Cellars, DeLille Cellars, The Alcohol Free Store
2013 Artists: Elena Balekha at WestStar Pacific Mortgage; Nina Durfee at Duvall Thai Restaurant; Janelle Lile at Allstate Insurance; Laura Henion at Coldwell Banker Bain; Julie Frazier at Best Buddy Dog Wash; Dari Stolzoff at Northwest Art Center; Joe Lee Davidson presenting show of Mini Art at Duvall Visitor Center; Erika Simon at The Irwin Group; Chiaki Takonahara, Eric Boston , and Shoko Zama at gallery space; Richard Duvall at Match Coffee & Wine Bar; Ken Turner at Red Swirl Frozen Yogurt.
2013 Musicians: the Poindexters and Sparky Cordite and the Flash Mob, Gil Piger, Linda Sebenius, Blue Ink, Bowi Lite, Jeff Zuber, Eastside Modern Jazz Quartet, and Carly Calbero
2013 Wineries: Convergence Zone Cellars, Match, Pleasant Hill Cellars, Vortex Cellars
Thanks to our sponsors and partners: WestStar Pacific Mortgage, The Irwin Group, Northwest Art Center, Allstate Insurance, Match Coffee & Wine Bar, Cascade Community Theatre, Duvall Foundation for the Arts.
2013 Artists: Bob Antone, Elena Balekha, Dan Cautrell, Joe Lee Davidson, Jody Doran, Lee Hendrickson, Julie Frazier, Mallory Milke, Gwen Maxwell-Williams, Kyoko Niikuni, Todd Purnick, Shelley Skoropinksi, and Janelle Lile.
For details on Artist, Music & Venue Line-up click here: Duvall Art Walk 2012 Line-up
Link to Map: Duvall Art Walk 2012 Map
Special thanks to Cascade Community Theatre for providing sound and tech support!